-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Epeneter
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 10:12 AM
To: ldsoss@lists.ldsoss.org
Subject: [Ldsoss] Capture of Streamed WMV

We all knew this day would come....

Someone in my stake wants to show part of the PBS Mormon documentary as
part of a priesthood talk.  What I need to get is the interview with
Elder Jensen when he talks about how his mission changed his life.  I
found it on PBS.org (http://www.pbs.org/mormons/view/) and can view it
on my computer.  Of course it is a streamed video, so I went to the
cache and found the ASX file.  Editing the file, I found the MMS URL but
that is where I get stuck.

I have never found a way to just file-save save the stream to a file.  I
have found a number of shareware/freeware/trialware programs that are
supposed to help me do this
(http://all-streaming-media.com/record-video-stream/record-streaming-vid
eo-windows-media.htm), and have tried most of them with little
satisfaction.

Does anyone have a suggestion?
-John-
PS.  Yes, I think this is fair use and therefore have little concern for
copyright issues.