Hi everyone!

There has been a thread about HT/VT tools on here a while ago. Since nothing
new has come up since then (as far as I know) and my ambitions are quite
different, I'd like to bring up this topic once again.

Well, I'll start out with my situation: My ward is some 100 square miles in
size and lacks in active home teachers. Each companionship has up to 7 active
families and another 10 - 20 less active (up to "hostile") ones. Due to this
and some more aspects, the MLS HT module (and more) doesn't really fit our
needs.

(Ideally, open sourcing MLS would solve all our problems, but that doesn't seem
to happen anywhere near in the future)

Right now, I'm working on a little extension allowing extended, individualized
reports and a more complex HT assignment and reporting module, allowing goal
tracking and warnings for families not having been visited for a certain amount
of time etc.

My first approach would be to hack something down using the exported csv's and
JPA (Hibernate) on JSE.

Since this project might be of use for someone else, I wanted to mention it
here. If some more people are interested and willing to help, I would rather
start on a JEE basis on JBoss or something like that.

Best wishes from Germany,
Benjamin