http://blogs.sun.com/roumen/entry/swing_application_framework_swing_databind
ing

Manfred Riem
mriem at manorrock.org
http://www.manorrock.org/
Founding Java Champion
https://java-champions.dev.java.net/

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sean M. Cox
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2007 10:19 AM
To: ldsoss@lists.ldsoss.org
Subject: [Ldsoss] (no subject)

Manfred,
     Currently, as I mentioned, the database is a custom design. My
application interfaces with the Individual's, Household's, and
Companionship's via an object which I refer to as a "Superset". A Superset
is an interface which is intended to be implemented to manage the access of
data in different repositories. Currently I have two implementations; one to
access the data in the CSV file, rather directly, and the other to access my
custom database. Access to the custom database is handled via a third
class/layer, which is simply called a Connection. The connection does all
the file reading/writing and provides the most basic query functions to the
higher level classes.
     Concerning the JPA, I'm not really personally familiar with it, which
would currently be the only reason why I haven't used it thus far.

     Sean Cox