On 10/2/07, Bryan Murdock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The inventor of the captcha calls this Human Computation.  He gave an
> interesting talk at Google on the subject that you can watch here:
>
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8246463980976635143
>
> He presents it very well and even non-techies (like my wife) enjoyed
> watching this when I showed them.  OK, it was just my wife, but I'm sure
> others would like it too.
>
> Bryan

OK, I just read the fine article and it's the same guy doing the
reCAPTCHA thing, Luis von Ahn.  This is cool stuff.  If you don't have
time to watch the video above (which you really should) I'll just tell
you.  He does a similar thing for image recognition using some online
games:

http://www.espgame.org/
http://www.peekaboom.org/

Genius.  Using it for genealogy indexing seems like a great idea too.

Bryan