From: Alberto A. Flores <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2008 6:37 PM
To: LDS Open Source Software <ldsoss@lists.ldsoss.org>
Subject: Re: [Ldsoss] New list location

I prefer Google over Yahoo, mostly because of all the less
advertisement. And although some may argue this point, I would not use
this as my preference, but rather the unknown certainty of the future of
yahoo's services due to its recent bids (Microsoft trying to buy it).
Using Yahoo, may prove to be a burden in the long run.

Of course, this is only an opinion.

Alberto

Jesse Stay wrote:
> I was wondering if I could get the group's opinion on this.  I'm going
> to be switching the location of where the ldsoss list is hosted here in
> the near future.  I was wondering if anyone minded if we used Google
> groups or Yahoo groups to just host the list?  I have server space if
> not, but hosting it with Google or Yahoo means the burden then falls on
> Google or Yahoo to ensure our list stays up, and they have a lot more
> sysadmins than we do.  Does anyone care if we move it over to one of
> those places?  (I should mention that Yahoo now supports openid - not
> sure if that helps...)
>
> Jesse
>
> --
> Jesse Stay
> The Social Media Guru
>
> Partner, Co-founder: SocialOptimize.com
> Author: O'Reilly's FBML Essentials
> http://www.amazon.com/FBML-Essentials-Jesse-Stay/dp/0596519184/
> Co-Author: I'm on Facebook -- Now What???
> http://FacebookAdvice.com
>
> Blogger:           http://www.jessestay.com
> http://www.socialoptimize.com/blog
>
> Phone: (801) 853-8339