"Morgan W. Reed" wrote:

> Leaf folks, this message is going first to developer list,I will then post
> whatever is left to the full LRP list.
>
> Ok list friends, I have just come into possession of about 20 486 DX2 IBM
> 330 computers.  They all have a floppy, a < 500 meg HD and memory, some have
> 3c509B NIC's in them.  This is a pizza box style machine, with a 4 slot ISA
> riser card.  One nice thing (at least I think it is nice) they have ps/2
> connectors for mouse and keyboard, so for folks with a KVM, life is easier.
>
> I would like to give them away to the needy souls on the LRP list who would
> like to make an LRP box for a friend or family member (the two can be
> mutually exclusive), or for some other LRP evangelizing.
>
> I am giving the computers away, just pay me the actual shipping cost.  If
> you live in the greater Washington/Baltimore area, let me know and you can
> pick it up.
>
> Additionally, please let me know if you are going to use it JUST for LRP or
> if you want it for other things too.  I would like to save the bigger RAM
> machines for folks who have development needs.  Please don't be greedy, they
> are being given for free, so take a low (i.e. 16 meg) mem machine if that is
> all you need.
>
> If you have extra 4, 8, 16 meg EDO memory dimms laying around, let me know
> as well, I have more machines than memory and I can send you one with no
> mem.
>
> Reply either to my work email, or to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

What a great offer.  I could use 2 machines on my LRP test network,
which currently consists mainly of old HP Vectra P75 machines.  I have
lots of 72 pin SIMMs lying about, but if the machines require 30 pin
memory, I'd need them populated with 16 Meg, if possible.

Do you have a paypal account or similar for paying shipping?

Charles