On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 11:01:01AM -0800, Mike Noyes scribbled:
> >It makes things difficult for people who want to do anything
> >other than go there right away. Does phpwebsite not allow us
> >to put real links in?
>
> Rick,
> I don't think so. I used the web admin interface to add the links. I think
> phpWebSite uses the redirection for accounting purposes. That's how it
> keeps track of links selected and creates the 10 Most Visited Links page.
>
> http://leaf.sourceforge.net/links.php?op=TheBest
>
> Links in the description aren't obscured (e.g. the apply for membership
> link in Embedded Linux Consortium).

Well, how about putting the links in the description; or even better,
how about instead of the link displaying as
"Embedded Linux Consortium"
and pointing to the phpwebsite redirect crud, the link could
display as
"http://embedded-linux.org/"
?

Then the description could say
"The Embedded Linux Consortium are a dynamic new...blahblahblah.."
and "Embedded Linux Consortium" could be in bold.

--
rick -- A mind is like a parachute... it only works when it's open.

ICQ# 1590117                           [EMAIL PROTECTED] (home)
Help with LRP: http://lrp.c0wz.com     Home page: http://www.c0wz.com