Paul Batozech wrote:

> Element or chemical names somehow appeal to me also, i.e. oxygen. Again
> there are many to choose from, some being much easier to spell than
> others. The thing I like here is the ease of referring to them by
> abbreviation: Oxygen - O2, Nitrogen - N2, Helium - He, even Methane -
> CH4:)

I was thinking .... what with working on a CDROM based install.... that
a CDROM-based Oxygen could use Linux 2.4 and glibc 2.2 or 2.3... and
thus would be worthy of a new name.

Names like Oxygen lead to successors like:

Water - H20
Laughing Gas (Nitrous Oxide) - NO2
Carbon Dioxide - CO2

...and who knows what else...

This is all just ruminations - nothing like this has happened yet.  I'll
probably release a "data disk" or "source disk" with a bootable floppy
disk image first....