now now, let's all play nice before someone gets an eye put out.
Besides, everyone knows that real men use links :-)

Mozilla 8.1 is nice -- I use it on Win2K and Mandrake 7.2. I'm actually
getting excited that it might not suck when it hits 1.0.

Did I mention that Win2K sucks?? Work laptop is an IBM Stinkad T20 with
800Mhz PIII and 256 MB RAM (!). Mandrake boots in 120 seconds. Windows
boots in 6 minutes (both IT build and fresh install). Right-click
something in Windows -- five second pause to display a context menu.
The general responsiveness is Win95 on a fast 486 with lots of RAM. If
one foolishly tries the suspend feature, upon resuming work the system
process jumps to 100% CPU util until reboot. Outlook 2000 is so unstable
I had to put a batch file calling the fixmapi.exe program into my
startup.

For comparision my home desktop is a K6-2/400 with 128 MB. Subjectively
twice as fast -- granted I'm using a different application set, but Star
Office is usable (can't say that about the P200 I used to have), Gimp is
speedy, Netscape is quite quick.

There's my non-productive message for the day...
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: It's what's for dinner!