I've been working on other things; I hope to have a usable booting
CDROM shortly.  The system should be able to boot from CDROM; however,
what I'd REALLY like is to be able to 1) boot from CDROM (easy), then
2) load packages from CDROM (harder).

The ideal would be to be able to pick up a configuration file which
contains a list of files to load.  I thought I had this set up until I
realized that this file loads packages from whatever volume it happens
to be loaded from.

What I really need is:

* A way to "disconnect" the specification of packages to load FROM the
actual source of those packages.

Everything in LRP right now is based on the fact that the list of
packages to load comes either from:

* syslinux.cfg
* the mounted medium

The mounted disk medium is analyzed in many ways:

* packages loaded by name from LRP=
* packages loaded automatically (*.lrp)
* packages loaded from a list (PKGLIST=)

It isn't hard to be able to load from /dev/cdrom (I've pretty much got
a head start on this).  The problem is being to specify this list of
packages to load on a writable medium....

PS: If I have to, I'll just put up a CDROM without this capability -
just a boot capability.  The "config.lrp" and Configuration file
handling is all there.  The automatic setting of /dev/cdrom is almost
there.