On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Ewald Wasscher wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone else but George Metz succeeded in compiling iptables on a
> glibc-2.0.x based system? I've tried to do so on RedHat 5.2 without
> succes. Gcc complains about IIPROTO_ESP and IPPROTO_AH being undefined.
> So now I'm wondering how George did this for his 2.4 bootdisks. Does it
> require some kind of hack of is it a RedHat problem?

Could be a Red Hat problem, could not be. I didn't compile IPTables for
2.0.7 myself, someone else did; they're the ones to ask. I got the
modified root.lrp from ftp.linux-router.com, and since I'm having "issues"
getting stuff to work for my Slink install, I haven't tried compiling it
myself for 2.0.x glibc.

--
George Metz
Commercial Routing Engineer

"We know what deterrence was with 'mutually assured destruction' during
the Cold War. But what is deterrence in information warfare?" -- Brigadier
General Douglas Richardson, USAF, Commander - Space Warfare Center