> This is where I see the two LRP derivatives heading, based on the
> mails from developers, and in other cases, my own view.  These are
> LONG views.....
>
> Eigerstein:
>
> * Ease of use improvements and focus: boot it and use it
> * Leaner, smaller
> * Further specialized as a router and firewall
> * Built against uClibc or similar
>
> Oxygen:
>
> * Mini-distribution
> * Bootable CDROM with live CDROM fs
> * Variety of non-router images: bridge for example
>
> Or to put it quite succinctly, Eigerstein => smaller, Oxygen => bigger
> :-)

Sounds about right to me, as long as I still get the option to boot off of a
CD!  I do expect Eigerstein (or actually LEAF named derivations) to be
smaller and more focused than Oxygen.

In addition to loading LRP files from the CD (which I can do now), I'd like
to see a CD that could do a customized install (to floppy, HDD, flash, etc)
straight off the CD.

Also, I'm generally interested in 'really thin' servers.  The first will
probably be a BIND server, which I'd also like to see install straight from
the CD.

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net