On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Jack Coates wrote:

> For any one else reaching for the nearest high-speed networking
> textbook, that's equivalent to OC-12. 622 Mbps ATM, or 483 Mbps pure
> throughput after overhead (20% ATM, 3% IP).

Correct me if I'm wrong here Jack, but I was pretty sure that there was
only a 10% overhead on ATM. (53-byte cells, 5 byte header.)

Yes, I'm actually interested in the answer. Lot of bearing on work,
considering we do DSL over ATM.

--
George Metz
Commercial Routing Engineer

"We know what deterrence was with 'mutually assured destruction' during
the Cold War. But what is deterrence in information warfare?" -- Brigadier
General Douglas Richardson, USAF, Commander - Space Warfare Center