Support Requests item #435599, was opened at 2001-06-22 15:42
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=213751&aid=435599&group_id=13751

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I'm trying to get the 'mail' command in 2.9.4 to
work.  I searched the archive on LEAF and LR and tried
about everything mentioned with no luck.  I also tried
2.9.8 and ssmtp (couldn't find any command references).

When I the 'mail' command and type the message body
+ 'ctrl-z' I get '%1 stopped'.  The process never
completes and if I watch with a packet sniffer,
nothing ever leaves my router.

Can someone help?

I saw a reference to using 'mnc' and that would be
great, I just don't know how to pause the process long
enough for the mail server to be ready or wait until
their is a reponse from the mail server.

I'm not afraid of learning bash scripting, just don't
know where to start or if there is a more efficient
way.

Thank you in advance,

Michael Bacon