From: Charles Steinkuehler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 8:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Leaf-devel] Hard-Hat

> I've also downloaded the CD's, but it seems that something is wrong with
> CD1...
>
> It should boot, but I get nothing.

Hmm...I just tried booting mine and I get a lilo prompt...

> Opening the same CD and extracting the bootflop.img which is under the
> bootimg directory, and put it on a floppy, still does not boot.
>
> Any pointers?

To get my CD to boot into HH-Linux, I had to tell it which device my CD-Rom
was attatched to (default is hdc).  Otherwise, it seemd to boot fine.

I can try to send you the bootimage from my CD, but it isn't the boot image
used by the BIOS to boot.  I'm not sure how to extract the floppy image the
BIOS uses when booting from the CD...

I was just planning on installing HH on one of my RedHat systems lying
around, which is what MontaVista claims is supported for Journeyman...any
particular reason you need to get it to boot native?

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net