The only Samba packages I'm aware of are Koon Wong's.
http://lrp.c0wz.com/files/kwarchive/

 From the /etc/smb.conf file in smb.lrp:

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from wpkgate.kc.com.my (202.184.173.241)
# Date: 1999/01/30 22:26:31

# Global parameters
        workgroup = LINUX-GRP
        netbios name = myserver
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        update encrypted = Yes
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        guest account = pcguest
        hosts allow = 202.184.173.

This does use the exploitable %m variable.