I'm going to be gone a few days, so don't expect much from me.  I'll try
to work on this when I get back.  Until then, here's what I've got on my
ToDo list:

David Douthitt wrote:

> I've created a directory for Oxygen development images.  The URL is
>
> http://leaf.sourceforge.net/pub/oxygen/development
>
> I would very much like people to try it out.

I've updated it again... here are things yet to do, and changes:

> PRIOR TO RELEASE
> (with priorities: 1-high 9-low)
>
> * (1) Fix setup scripts to work completely, and perform live tests
> * (1) Update system to use vfat (first) if available by default

Mostly done; needs to be done for images too.

  * (1) Fix freeze during setup (after running rcS)

This is probably due to some library or binary producing a SegFault, or
other thing.  I'd start by pinpointing which package (on the Setup/Easy
Disk) accounts for the bomb, by removing them one by one until the
problem goes away.  Then put others back and see if the problem is still
gone.  The problem may be related to ncurses 5, too, but I don't know...

  * (2) Upgrade to ncurses 5, and iron out all bugs related to ncurses
> * (2) Fully write and debug mkbootdisk process
> * (2) Verify ability to use ANY filesystem for RAMdisks other than root
> (support should already be there)

It apparently assumed a minix filesystem; this has been changed.  Now
can anyone tell me why mkfs.msdos won't format a ramdisk image?
Something about not being able to figure out the drive's geometry -
funny, minix doesn't have that trouble... I couldn't test with anything
else since I don't have mkfs.<anythingelse> on my LRP, but... it should
work.

> * (3) Run as bridge (operational test).
>
> * (4) Implement aliases from main network.conf file (any ideas??)
> * (4) Update apkg to use *.sh files in packages
>
> * (6) Create new 2.2.19 kernel with framebuffer and mouse support for
> framebuffer-based VNC (along with usual patches, including Openwall)
>
> * (9) Strip X11 libraries from Xdialog and put into libX (?)
>
> NEXT RELEASE
>
> * Upgrade to glibc 2.2
> * Update apkg to use *.desc files (?)
> * Two stage loader with minimalist busybox? ...shrinks root.lrp to
> smallest possible...
> * Alternate /linuxrc interpreter?  lua?  rc?
> * Create Linux 2.4 image; create "2.4upgrade" packages with *.sh
> files...
  * Move ash and busybox to ash.lrp and busybox.lrp, and use lua or
other shell to replace ash and busybox entirely.