!! - WARNING - !!

My DSL service provider (currently DSL.net) is discontinuing service in my
area.  Sometime next week, the wire pair carrying my SDSL connection will be
cross-connected to the new provider (NewEdge networks), at which time my
internet connectivity will go down until I swap routers and re-configure the
IP addresses on my network.  Since I'll probably be out of town when this
happens, there will likely be a 2-3 day outage in my web services.  The
mirror sites, including the sourceforge mirror will still be online.

<digression>
On the positive side, I should shortly be able to bump my upstream bandwidth
from 384K to a full 1.5 MBit.  I may also have aquired 4 DEC Alpha personal
workstation 500a systems to use as servers.  If I get access to these
machines, I'll probably try to make an LEAF build environment that supports
cross-compiling, and test new distributions (post Dachstein) on x86 and
Alpha hardware.  While I don't think there's a big need for alpha based
router/firewalls, having a good cross-compile development environment would
go a long way towards making LEAF usable by folks making it easier to build
stand-alone 'black-box' systems.  Maybe I'll even get someone do donate a
PPC NPe405H eval system I can use to port linux/LEAF to (hint, hint :)
</digression>

Look for things to return to normal (and a few web updates) the following
week.

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net