David:
        Yeah, a transparent web-proxy or web-cache gets handled
pretty nicely by this. If the proxy could http forward you could
even redirect the packets to an external, remote proxy.
        That'd be useful for apps which used a LEAF router to
gateway a wireless-LAN into wide-area access, where you want to
restrict user access, requiring them to "login" on a remote https
server before access is granted. So when a new DHCP lease is
granted, you tie-in a hook to insert a REDIRECT rule for that
IP-address. The proxy gets it, and passes it along.

        Time to read-up on LEAF proxies...

-Scott