> In spite of the dire warnings on your site about the CD version not being
> appropriate for those without significant prior experience with
> Linux/leaf/LRP, I have tried it with great success within the past few
> days, on three different machines where I was running a 2-floppy setup.

I'm glad to here you were able to get it going.  The new Dachstein CD is
really much more friendly than the last version, and is intended for
'general consumption' as soon as more docs get written...anyone want to
volunteer?

> I guess I am not the greenest of newbies, but I am far from knowledgeable
> in these matters.
>
> With the good instructions you supplied, I am now running Dachstein-CD rc5
> on the three machines, and for the boot speed alone, am not willing to go
> back to the floppy only setup.

Yes, for those of you who haven't had the chance to watch this, it's pretty
amazing (especially if you've been playing with the floppies).  Typically
15-30 second boot times from power on, depending on CPU and CD-ROM speed.
On some of my systems, the OS boot goes faster than the BIOS checks...

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net