Hi, i am sending this only to the list, so you want get it twice...

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 10:13:04AM -0500, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:

> For some reason, the system is not automatically detecting your CD-Rom on
> /dev/hdd.  I'll try to re-create this here and fix the init-scripts (if
> they're broken), but in the meantime, you can probably get going with the
> following procedure:
>
> Start with a blank floppy, or the bootdisk.bin image if your system won't
> boot from CD with a floppy disk in the drive.
>
> Create a file called "pkgpath.cfg" on the blank floppy.
>
> edit pkgpath.cfg, so it contains a single line with the text:
> /dev/hdd:iso9660
> NOTE:  This file may need a unix EOL...I'm not sure what will happen if the
> init script sees a carrige return as well as a line-feed...another thing to
> test :)

well as i do not have any non UNIX System here around (except for testing
ipsec clients), no Problem ;-)

Yes and this works! (with the pkgpath.cfg).

i just had a look and a i like the idea of putting this on CD (We are
selling our systems with an IDE Flashdisk, though). But,
i would like to see the config scripts be seperate from the configs itself,
thats one difference to the release i made for myself. The other is of
course Kernel 2.4...
But i like the new lrcfg interface it looks nice. But please change the
description there:
b <pgkg>) Backup
d <pgkg>) Set Backup Destination
and so on,

i tried multiple time to insert:
d root
<pkgnum> or something like that would be nicer...

> Charles Steinkuehler
> http://lrp.steinkuehler.net
> http://c0wz.steinkuehler.net (lrp.c0wz.com mirror)

Arne Bernin                             Netropol Digitale Systeme
                                        Lagerstrasse 30a
Tel: +49 4043250000                     D-20357 Hamburg/Germany
Fax: +49 4028416740                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]