On 12/3/01 at 7:16 PM, Jeff Newmiller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I think it is more worthwhile to explain to people with
> such interest what steps are required to modify the
> standard kernel.

Trouble is, people just seem to keep missing the LEAF Web Site, or the
FAQ, or the Documentation section - and then post to LEAF User about
why doesn't their kernel work?

This would be yet another way to make things SIMPLE - and it also gets
Openwall into more kernels.  Such a kernel would mean that anyone who
knows how to compile the kernel can do so.  The statistical population
of those who can compile the kernel dwarfs the population that can
both compile the kernel AND patch it...  The number of people that
realize the LEAF kernel is modified may be small indeed....

--
David Douthitt
UNIX Systems Administrator