At 2002-01-07 11:07 +0100, Ewald Wasscher wrote:
>Mike Noyes wrote:
>>The last thing I did before disappearing for the last couple of months,
>>was to restructure our CVS repository. All developers now have a personal
>>tree in devel/yourname. There is a bin directory for released files. The
>>oxygen and dachstein trees are controlled by David and Charles
>>respectively. Please notify them before committing/adding anything to
>>those trees. I will create a bin/packages directory for us too. The doc
>>tree is self explanatory. The src tree structure is pending (consensus
>>required).
>
>Is there ever going to be any consensus? The issue seems to have been
>forgotten lately. I might set up my personal cvs tree, but I'd rather not
>do so.

Ewald,
Thanks for the comments. The personal devel/yourname cvs trees are
necessary. We must migrate most of the images, kernel tarballs, and
packages from the shell server into cvs. SF project allocation of resources
is the main reason for this change. Our space on the shell server is
limited to approximately 1G, while cvs space is unlimited. We are already
using over 1G.

I'm working on a way to do daily exports (using cron) of certain
directories from our cvs repository to our pub directory on the shell
server. This will allow us to automate the process of keeping those
directories current. Here are the trees I have in mind: dachstein, oxygen,
doc, images, packages. All of these except doc are from the bin tree in
cvs. see

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/leaf/

Note: I need to create the images and packages trees in bin. Do I need to
create a kernel tree also? I plan on using David's scripts for the packages
tree. see

http://leaf.sourceforge.net/pub/oxygen/repository/

Everyone can keep track of changes made to our cvs repository by
subscribing to our leaf-cvs-commits list.
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/content.php?menu=14&page_id=20

--
Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/