On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Jacques Nilo wrote:

> > Jacques,
> > Do you have a name for your LEAF release. I can add it to our files
> area,
> > if you give me a name and version. e.g. Oxygen 1.8, Dachstein 1.0.2,
> > PacketFilter 1.70.
> In fact Eric and I are thinking about it. But we have two options on
> which a feedback from the list and especially from Charles would be
> appreciated.
> 1/ Should we opt for a "mountain" name ?
> Or distro is derived from Dachstein but nows differs substiantialy from
> it (2.4.x, no LRP patch applied to the kernel, network functions,
> firewall ). Choosing a mountain name would need OK from Charles.
> 2/ Should we start a new LEAF branch ?
> In which case we would be thinking about Egyptian gods, River names, ...

gods are always good firewall names, what with the whole gateway between
dead and living, heaven/hell thing. Thoth, Janus, Pluto, etc. Of course
if one's tastes are more mundane there's always St. Louis (Gateway to
the West), Panama (Gateway to the Pacific), or Vickie (Guardian of the
Lobby).

> Jacques

Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...