At 2002-02-08 06:59 -0800, Kenneth Hadley wrote:
>http://www.virusbtn.com/vb2000/Programme/papers/kaminski.pdf
>
> From what I understand it infects ELF headers

Kenneth,
That's what I'm able to find out also. Here is a quote from the Virus
Bulletin Conference, Sep. 2000 p. 8-9

http://google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Obsidian+E%22+virus
~ Obsidian E    (Telf.8000)

~ Even such an unimpressive set (in comparison to the macro or DOS
~ file infectors) includes viruses with a variety of infection and
~ replication techniques. Some of them prepend their code (like Bliss
~ or Obsidian); some are appending viruses (e.g. Mandragore), yet
~ others insert their code inside the original hosts (e.g. Siilov or
~ Vit).

~ Most of the viruses use direct infection methods, but some also stay
~ in memory infecting new files when they executed. Some viruses use
~ their own ELF headers (e.g. Bliss or Obsidian), or modify the
~ original headers redirecting the entry point to the virus code (e.g.
~ Mandragore or Vit), whilst others leave the entry point unchanged,
~ but modify instead the code pointed to by it (e.g. Siilov or
~ Diesel).

--
Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/