On Mon, 25 February 2002, Matt Schalit wrote:
> Mike Noyes wrote:
> >
> > At 2002-02-24 23:06 -0800, Steven Peck wrote:
> > >After Mike Sensney's suggestion and talking to Mike Noyes and Charles I
> > >decided to get the domain name leaf-project.org.
> >
> > Steven,
> > Thank you for doing this. Our project is indebted to you.
> Ditto.

(blush)  In real terms to me, it means I pass up a hw upgrade to my system for few
months, so it was not a burden at this time.

> > >Any suggestions, comments, concerns or ideas, please do not hesitate to
> > >ask.
> >
> > Idea:
> > It would be nice if we were able to acquire the leaf.org domain. It's

In talking to Mike, I recalled that I looked into several leaf.zzz varients when the
project first switched, but they were all taken.  leaf.org apears to be the most
active and a personal site.  Leaf.com doesn't appear to have changed in a year or two
but claims to be a business of some sort....  leaf.net appears to be speedy.net now.
leaf.net will expire in June, so I will keep an eye on that for now, but in the
meantime, my domain buying spree :) will pause to recupe it's investment.

>   Or maybe         http://go.to/leaf/
>
>   But that's getting complicated because it becomes a pain to decide
> which urls to remember, and you've already decided on the org part :)
>
>   How about getting ftp.leaf-project.org squared away?
>
> Best,
> Matthew

download.leaf-project.org
dl.leaf-project.org

takes you somewhere...hmmm.....

I believe Mike N is opening a request with SF to set the vhost on the sourceforge site
to direct appropriatly.  Can't redirect to sub directories with DNS :(

-sp