My dad and I were talking last night about LRP/LEAF and the like, and he
asked me where the source was?  After thinking for a moment it occurred to
me that I had no idea.  I've been playing/using Linux for quite some time
now, and have almost always compiled things from source, I had always been
told to disregard the RPM/DEB packages because they were compiled for the
general user, and were not really optimized for 'my' system.  So it got me
to thinking, not necessarily from a performance stand point, but more from a
logistics view, were is all of the combined sources for the work that is
being done?  Isn't that part of the licensing of the majority of the
programs that we incorporate into the LEAF project? Or have we as a whole
already gotten permission to redistribute the packages source free?

Joey