Jacques Nilo wrote:

[ snip ]

> > At this point, a default compile of OpenSSH will use privilege separation
> > with the sshd user.  For new LEAF installations/releases, do we want to
> > deviate from the (new) OpenSSH standard, or accomodate it and move on?
> >
> I have a clear position on this: we should stick to the new default openssh
> config which implies privilege separation an therefore the creation of a sshd
> user and group (Debian does this, Mandrake as well)
> I will update Bering accordingly for the final release and update my openssh
> package suite accordingly.

I'm curious about /etc/group modification?

I've upgraded two (2) potato's and two (2) woody's.  Yes, there is a new
user in passwd/shadow; but, I do not have any new group for sshd.

Yes, I have seen the instructions for installing manually; but, I cannot
find a reason for the special group.

What do you think?

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .