Hello,

I managed to build an (allmost) complete version of Bering RC3 against
uClibc 0.9.12. This version is *a lot* smaller than the original versionbuild
against GLIBC2. I tested the following modules: weblet, root, initrd, dhcpd,
pump, ezipupd, dnscache... I don't use pppd, so I couldn't test it but it
compiled without a problem. I had some problems with the symbolic links
stdin, stdout and stderror to /dev/fd in root.dev.mk (I couldn't log in) so I
removed them, still everything works like expected. I don't know exactly what
the problem is with stdin etc but maybe it's got something to do with uClibc,
tinylogin or the version of ash I use (slack 8.1).
I don't have the "ip patched" version of ifupdown and included ifconfig and
route. There is a new version of ifupdown (0.6.4-4.3) that makes it possible to
use udhcp and make things even smaller.

I don't know if uClibc is the way to go for LEAF, but it's rappidly evolving.
Glibc 2.0.7 is not maintained and Glibc 2.2.x is just to big to fit on a floppy.
An other 'advantage' of uClibc is that you can get rid of nss libs and
nsswitch.conf.

Regards,
Eric Spakman