On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 06:32, Michael D. Schleif wrote:
> I now believe that all of my cvs study led me to conclude that I was
> creating and modifying ``modules''; but, modules can only exist at the
> top level under CVSROOT.  Therefore, you are probably correct that cvs
> import is the solution here.

Michael,
We have no modules defined at this time. If you would like a module
defined, please send me the appropriate information for CVSROOT/modules.

http://cvs.leaf-project.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/leaf/CVSROOT/

> In an effort to correct my miscreant behaviour, I tried using cvs
> remove.  Under some conditions, cvs remove works as expected.  However,
> see failed transaction, at end, to see problems with inability to
> generate locked files.

I would need to see the commands you typed in to understand the lock
file problem. It may have something to do with a prior command leaving
your tree in an unstable state.

> Are there limitations to cvs remove?  What is the cause of the lock
> problem?

Yes. It will not remove directories. Again, I'm unsure. Would you post
the commands you used?

The information I'm working from is obtained from our leaf-cvs-commits
list.
http://www.mail-archive.com/leaf-cvs-commits%40lists.sourceforge.net/

--
Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>