>       <somearchive>.tar.gz
>       <otherarchive>.bz2
>
>     iproute2/
>       distinfo
>       Makefile
>       patches/
>         <somepatchname>.diff
>         <somepatchname2>.diff
>       work/     {temporary dir; created and used to compile within}
>       binaries/ {temporary dir; created and stores binaries ONLY (no path)}
>       world/    {temporary dir; created and used to store full paths
>                  and all files needed within the structure}
>
>     <otherpkg>/
>
> My current lrp "package" setup was to have the following:
>
>     iproute2-<sourcedir>/
>       lrp/ {created}
>
> Under lrp/ there is a Makefile which contains all of the targets to make packages,
>etc.
> There is also a directory like world/ above which contains all paths and a Makefile
> in each directory that needs to have a binary in it.
>
> After this lrp/ directory is correctly configured, then the entire directory is
> "wrapped up" into a *.diff file and saved with the unmodified source archive.
>Examples
> of this can be found in the Oxygen/LEAF Resource CDROM.
>
> Perhaps what I will do is to use this patch as a regular patch in the CVS ports tree
> and add the patch to the source code, then use it to create packages at will.

I've been considering using whatever structure I settle on as my
development environment.  I have cvs setup on my own network and hope to
integrate leaf development into my other development projects.  However,
cvs doesn't lend itself to this end for several reasons:

[1] Each sandbox includes cvs directories under each directory in the
project.  So, rolling up the hierarchy directly into an LRP is
cumbersome.  cvs export only adds to the kludge.

[2] Since cvs does not retain group, mode nor ownership attributes, [1]
is further complicated and requires another kludge to correct directory
and files attributes.

[3] I still have not figured out how to force synchronization between
cvs revision numbers and project source revision numbers.

[4] All of this makes inclusion of <package>/package/<package>.lrp an
absolute must!

If anybody has overcome any of these obstacles, I'd appreciate
enlightenment . . .

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .