Hi

I'm new to LEAF and embedded devices, so please bear with me :-)

I trying to create a filesystem on a 72M DOC2000 (Netier XL1000), and
get up to creating a partition (/dev/nftla1). This is with Bering-rc3.

When I try mke2fs /dev/nftla1, the following gets reported:

NFTL_writeblock(): Cannot find block to write to
end_request; I/O error, dev 5d:01 (unknown) sector XXXXX
Argh! No free blocks found LastFreeEUN = 4603, FirstEUN = 3
No Virtual Unit Chains available for folding. Failing request

This gets repeated lots of times with different values for XXXXX.

(I _think_ that the utility nftl_format might be able to free the blocks
on the DOC, but I don't know where to get one that's been compiled for
Bering.)

Does anybody have an idea why the error mesages happen, and maybe what
to do about it? Or better yet, have copies of the nftl utilities
compiled with the right libc(+kernel?) to work with Bering?

Cheers!

Conrad