Manfred Schuler wrote:

> this is another topic.
>
> Your link reports vulnerabilities in openssl.
>
> This information is about a trojan in the openssh source tarball.
> The trojan opens a backdoor when compiling ssh.
>
> It is no security issue for leaf, only a hint for those people compiling ssh.
>
> Mike Noyes schrieb:
> >
> > Manfred,
> > Michael addressed this issue is already.
> >
> > Re: [leaf-user] FORW: CERT Advisory CA-2002-23 Multiple Vulnerabilities
> > In OpenSSL
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/leaf-user%40lists.sourceforge.net/msg08584.html

Please, re-read the last three (3) lines posted therein:

>> I want to ask, if we can shure the version in your leaf-cvs isn't affected?
>
>                 # md5sum ./openssh-3.4p1.tar.gz
>                 459c1d0262e939d6432f193c7a4ba8a8  ./openssh-3.4p1.tar.gz

Obviously, the homework is left to the aspiring user to verify that that
md5sum indicates that the source from which my packages are compiled is
*NOT* affected by the trojan ;>

hth

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .