> I have gotten to the Quick and Dirty LRP Package How-To and I have
gotten
> stuck at step #6. When I go to back up the changes to create the
zebra.lrp
> it does not show an option for zebra in the Back-up menu.
>
> 5. "Trick" LRP into thinking your package is installed by editing
> /var/lib/lrpkg/packages, and adding your package name to the bottom of
the
> list. The name here should match the <package> portion of the files
you
> created earlier, and will be what your LRP package is backed up as. If
you
> are using apkg instead, then you can skip this step.
>
> #cat /var/lib/lrpkg/packages
> initrd
> root
> local
> log
> modules
> zebra
>
> 6. You are now ready to ``create'' your LRP package. Just do a backup
of
> your package from lrcfg and you will have <package>.lrp created for
you on
> your disk drive. If you don't have a backup option for your package,
you
> didn't do step 5 correctly.
>
> I am pretty sure that I did step #5 correctly. All there was to it was
> adding the one word, zebra, to the bottom of the list. Are there any
other
> possibilities or is there something obvious that I have missed.

The newer backup scripts I wrote for Dachstein (and I think are used by
Bering) require you also add your package to an additional file:
/var/lib/lrpkg/backdisk

The backdisk file includes some switches for backup location &
filesystem...the format should be pretty obvious.  Once added to the
backdisk file, your package should appear in the backup menus.

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net