> log_mnt=/dev/somedevice (e.g. log_mnt=/dev/hda2)
> puts your log files directly in the given partition by mounting
> it to /var/log before starting syslog
>
> log_mnt=/dev/somedevice:/somedir (e.g. log_mnt=/dev/hda2:/logs)
> puts the log files in the /logs directory on the given partition,
> by mounting the partition to /logmnt and replacing /var/log with
> a symbolic link to the directory on that partition

An open point for this parameter: There is currently no way you can specify
the filesystem, and mount has to auto-select the fs.

If wanted to specify the filesystem and supplied a good syntax for
specifying, I'd implement it. Separating the fs with a colon as done on
other occasion would clash with the use of the colon to specify the
directory.

- Alex

PS: The file is now attached