Feature Requests item #663703, was opened at 2003-01-07 09:12
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=363751&aid=663703&group_id=13751

Category: Release/Branch: Bering
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I am trying to reorganize the Bering distro to be "net-
bootable" via PXE in such a way as to free the firewall
machine from requiring disk drives of any kind; so far
without success, but I think that someone who knows
the distro and linuxrc script could do it in a short amount
of time.

It seems to me that you could reorganize the contents
of the distro into two files: a compressed initrd file (but
that contains all of the LRP packages as well as the
rootfs) and a kernel file. The entire contents of the distro
would be downloaded to the initial ramdisk from the
DHCP/TFTP server, then after booting the LRP
packages would be decompressed from the ramdisk
rather than from floppy diskette.

Thanks!