Darrin Eden wrote:

Hello LEAF Development Crew,

I'm just beginning to get my head wrapped around the scope of what you folks have been working on for the past few years. You've done a ton of work so please excuse my naivety.

I've started to compare[1] WISP-Dist against Pebble[2] in an attempt to understand the strengths of the various free software dedicated to wireless embedded devices and the value that these may bring to community wireless networks such as the PersonalTelco project in my hometown of Portland, Oregon.

I am reading furiously but I would be most appreciative if a team member would care to introduce me to the organization of the WISP-Dist project and its relation to LEAF; especially concerning the build and package management architectures?
Well, all I can say that WISP-Dist is quite different, especially in the networking and packages. However, it is backwards compatible with LRP packages, provided they do not rely on network initialization system as done in Bering.

NoCatAuth and its successor NoCatSplash[3] are such core functions of community wireless networking that I'd like to hear your take on how it may be integrated and if you could use more development help for embedded wireless where is the first point to focus?
I don't think there would be a problem to integrate NoCatSplash. I already use WISP-Dist for hotspots but unfortunately have to keep the hotspot implementation closed.

--
Best Regards,
Vladimir