On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 07:41, Mike Noyes wrote:
> Everyone,
> This is a reminder to add "&content-type=application/octet-stream" to
> the end of ViewCVS URLs. This is necessary for proper downloading of
> binary files from our cvs repository.
>
> Bad example:
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/leaf/devel/guitarlynn/udhcp.lrp?rev=HEAD
>
> Good example:
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/leaf/devel/guitarlynn/udhcp.lrp?rev=HEAD&content-type=application/octet-stream

Everyone,
This breakdown of the url may make things easier to understand. Please
let me know if further explanation is necessary.

    Standard prefix:

    This is the section of the url that refers to your file:

devel/guitarlynn/udhcp.lrp

    Standard section to download current revision as binary:

?rev=HEAD&amp;content-type=application/octet-stream>

    The name of the download you wish to appear on the website

yourfilename</a>

--
Mike Noyes <mhnoyes @ users.sourceforge.net>
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/