Jaqcues, KaPeKa and everyone, hello

OK, I got the driver for the pcengines wrap hardware running and can successfully reboot the system without the need of a keyboard controller. It requires a few quirks to Bering which I would like your comments on. I do not think this is too much of a deviation off the mainstream to deserve a new branch.

The pcengines wrap system does not have a keyboard controller, which in standard PC systems seems to be essential for the warm reboot. In order to have this functionality I slightly modified the wd1100 watchdog driver which handles the wrap`s Geode Processor's built in watchdog timer.

I removed softdog from the Bering kernel and made it a module, thus I was able to add the wd1100 driver as a module to the Bering kernel.

The wd1100 driver implements the devfs interface, so it is very easy to control its behaviour through the files it presents in /proc/sys/dev/wd.
The following is needed to set the wd1100 up for automatic reboot.

- insert the wd1100 module
insmod wd1100

- set the wd1100 watchdog to reset when /usr/sbin/watchdog dies
echo 0 > /proc/sys/dev/wd/graceful

- set the timeout to 2 times the value of the watchdog timer interval
echo 20 > /proc/sys/dev/wd/timeout

These can go into /etc/init.d/watchdog.

Start /usr/sbin/watchdog, it will tickle the driver every 10 seconds.

In order to reboot the system all that is needed is to send a kill signal to the watchdog process, the rest is accomplished by the SC1100`s built in watchdog.

Jacques and KaPeKa, would you consider this to go into the main branch?

Thanks for comments.

Erich

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024 8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16