Mike Noyes wrote:

> Charles makes our repository available for rsync.
>
>         rsync rsync.leaf-project.org::
>         leaf-cvs        LEAF Project CVS Archives

I have no idea how big the tarball is?

K.-P., It is large.

I'm not sure how big the tarball is (I decompress it as it's downloaded), but the resulting directory is about 1.2G:

basic:/home/leaf# du -shc leaf-cvs/leaf/*
1.1M    leaf-cvs/leaf/CVSROOT
4.0k    leaf-cvs/leaf/README,v
56k     leaf-cvs/leaf/bering
804M    leaf-cvs/leaf/bin
228M    leaf-cvs/leaf/devel
7.0M    leaf-cvs/leaf/doc
32k     leaf-cvs/leaf/etitl
64k     leaf-cvs/leaf/leaf
4.0k    leaf-cvs/leaf/modulename
154M    leaf-cvs/leaf/src
1.2G    total

Feel free to rsync from my copy if you don't have enough bandwidth to download the nightly tarball (I run the tarball download and rsync server on a machine with a dedicated 100 MBit connection, then rsync my local mirror as I don't have the bandwidth here to support grabbing the full tarball daily). Another plus with rsync is you don't have to mirror the whole archive if you don't want.

--
Charles Steinkuehler