David Douthitt wrote:

Erich Titl wrote:

Arne Bernin wrote:

Ok. I am about to finish some kind of (very) primitive apt-get clone.
Now i am able to install new packages quite easy (no more downloading
via http, scp to firewall, copying to my harddisk, ...). The only thing
i am still missing is, that after installing all the packages (about 35
on my firewall) i would like to generate the LRP line in leaf.cfg...
just my lazyness...

what about

LRP=""
for i in `find $MOUNT -name  \*.lrp`
do
LRP="$LRP `basename $i .lrp`"
done

echo $LRP

This sort of setting a variable inside a loop to be accessed outside has been problematical in the past; in most cases (in ksh anyway) the variable reverts to its original state after the loop completes.

True, but tested on Bering

cheers
Erich