Eric Spakman wrote:

Erich,

Sure, I have no problem with backporting this when necessary. Like I said, buildtool will makes this a matter of minutes. In the case we change to a new uClibc version, I (we) will keep the previous crosscompiler around.

I agree that seperating binaries from scripts eliminates this to some extend (you still have to do a backport when haserl or pwcrypt changes because of a security problem or so).

Agreed

But seperating binaries would mean yet another dependency and again an extra package.

More flexibility though

I disagree about mini-httpd to be part of webconf, both haserl and pwcrypt are bound to webconf, you don't have an alternative. But you can use an other httpd if you like (f.e. the ssl linked mhttpds or even apache ;-))

True, but it might be _big_ :-))

cheers

Erich

------------------------------------------------------- SF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT Products from real users. Discover which products truly live up to the hype. Start reading now. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=6595&alloc_id=14396&op=click