Hi Gavin,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi Martin,

Yes, it does look like they have broken it again. BTW, do you know what
ABI means? I've had a hunt, but it appears to be an acronym that you
either know the meaning of or you don't... and I don't!
Charles already answered that one - but if you want to find out even more than what he wrote, have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_binary_interface

 > Fundamentally, from the IT techie perspective, it normally boils down to
"what does the new version give us that the old version doesn't" or
"should we move to the new version because we have sat on the old one for
such a long time". The first is probably a valid question here, but I
can't answer that (doing this more for fun than anything else!). The
second is less relevant, unless we have support issues, which again might
not be the problem here.
Correct. We _have_ to move sooner or later, because we'll hit more and more packages that simply won't compile anymore with the old uClibc version (so far, we've managed to patch our way around that, but there'll be a point when that's impossible). And then, the newer versions also offer additional features (like the NPTL support that's currently being worked on).

For what it is worth (and I have only tested limitedly) the old binaries
for other things appeared to work...
You mean, you used binaries compiled against uClibc 0.9.20 with uClibc 0.9.27? If that worked, you've just been very lucky (since that usually ends in a segfault rather quickly).

Martin