Natanael Copa wrote:
Erich Titl wrote:

..

I dont have time for reading about memory management in Linux right now,
but AFAIK the executables and libraries are mmap'ed.

This would mean, that an executable would onle be mapped to memory, but copied as soon as the memory page it resides on is written to by anyone. This could produce some interrupts.
I don't know if I should/can consider a RAMdisk simply RAM. It needs to behave like a disk in the sense of logical I/O.

It would really not make any sense to copy a mmap'ed executable from RAM
to another place in RAM,

That would be true if RAMdisk does just mapping.

but as I said, I'm not 100% sure about that and
currently I dont have time to investigate it (so, strictly  I should
have kept my muth shut, but now its to late anyway...:)

Same for me, still it is an interesting object. Maybe someone with deeper insight into RAMdisks on Linux could tell.

cheers

Erich