>For the Bering-uClibc folks - a version control client will be heavy.
The core
>system should be implemented as shell scripts, so the base system
>still fits on floppy;

I'm fairly passionate that a basic SOHO firewall be able to RUN from a
single write-protectable floppy, but that doesn't necessarily mean the
installation process must.  It's acceptable if an initial LEAF package
runs from a larger download, then uses something like loadlin to run a
customizer on the user's M$ box, producing a final runable floppy.  The
firewall floppy needn't necessarily be able to make major
reconfigurations on its own, though it should allow minor things, e.g.
changing an ISP's phone number or password.

I had to go to some extreme lengths because the Compaq 2265 I use will
not boot a 1680KB floppy.  I think perhaps because the hardware isn't up
to it, but I can't swap floppies in this case.

Paul Rogers  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.xprt.net/~pgrogers/
http://www.geocities.com/paulgrogers/
(I do not personally endorse any additions after this line. TANSTAAFL
:-)