On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 12:39, Martin Hejl wrote:
> I'm opening a new thread because first of all, this discussion isn't
> about webconf packages anymore, and also, because I don't want to single
> out the person whom I would be responding to.

Martin,
Since I'm talking to myself mostly, I guess that would be me. I forgot
to open/return to the proper "Frash Drive" subject. I did open the
webconf thread when the subject changed on the original "Flash Drive"
thread. I just failed to return.

        Martin, are you interested in taking over our mailing list
        management duties?

> Ok, lets get this straight - the way I read it, Eric asked twice if
> somebody (emphasis, that's somebody other than Eric) would be willing to
> work on creating a USB image (and I add to that, even though maybe it
> was implied, a script for creating such an image, so one doesn't have to
> manually re-create it every time there's an update).

Ok. I didn't grasp that meaning from Eric's post. I apologize.

> I'm sure that all the links and suggestions that have been mentioned in
> recent mails will be helpful to whoever will create that image - but the
> way I read it, nobody has volunteered yet, right? So it may be a little
> premature to think about what will be possible once such an image exists.

I hope the links I've provided help, and a volunteer steps forward.

> I hope nobody will feel offended - I'm not trying to kill the
> discussion, I'm just trying to make sure nobody's expecting Eric or the
> Bering uClibc crew to provide a USB image any time soon. In short, if
> nobody else decided to give it a try, it might be quite a while until
> something like a USB image exists.

This isn't the news I was hoping for, but maybe someone will work on
creating a leaf usb-hdd or floppy+usb image soon.

SF.net Projects: leaf, phpwebsite, phpwebsite-comm, sitedocs