Hello Cedric,

>Hello list,
>

>I'd like to start working on updating buildenv to uclibc 0.9.28 so I
>have some questions :
>
>Is there someone already working on this ?
>
>If yes, what can I do to help ?

The Bering-uClibc team has all the changes necessary for an upgrade
ready, both in buildenv and packages.

We are carefully working on a roadmap, because uClibc is not
backwards compatible (yet) and we are also working on a new config
system which we want to implement at the same time. So we don't have
two backward incompatible changes after eachother.

>In all cases, have choices regarding binutils/gcc been made ?
>(which were the apps requiring gcc 3.3 ?)

Binutils is updated to version 1.16.1 and we would like to update gcc
(to version 3.4.x because the kernel doesn't support 4.x) . We have
some problems to update gcc, but are working on a solution.

This is an area where help is welcome. Ofcourse testing is also
welcome.

>What about using uclibc's buildroot to build the toolchain ? That may
>be tricky to integrate in buildtool but reusing their work sounds
>logical. Or we can hack on buildroot to replace buildtool, converting
>apps makefiles to buildroot is quite straight forward

Buildtool is based on buildroot, with some changes needed for package
creation and some other things which are practical for us. I don't
see a real need to replace it, it's just a development tool which is
well tested.

>Regards,
>Cedric

Regards,