Hello Cedric,

> A possible problem with this implementation is that programs that are
>
>> running (like daemons) are not stopped before and started after and
>> upgrade.
>

> Yes, we'd need some kind of preinst/postinst script to handle that.

Or look for an init.d file in the package, like done in webconf.

> There's also a problem with files which no longer exist (and should be
> removed), as we don't have a .list anymore (it may be created at
> install/upgrade time).

There is some code in linuxrc (currently commented out) that would create
a .list file on the fly. It's commented out because it would slow down
booting and cost memory.

But I'm not sure if it's needed. With a normal backup ("save") it is
noticed that the file is gone and it would be removed from the configdb. I
didn't look close enough to your script, but if the sha1sums and .list are
correct a backup will remove the files that no longer exist.

> For the moment, it's mainly useful for developers
> who want to rapidly test their new version of a particular package without
> rebooting or manually editing the lrpkg/package file.
>

> Regards,
> Cedric

Regards,
Eric