Hi Folks

according to KP's suggestion I focused on 2.4.2

- checking out from CVS was a breeze

I modified sources.cfg according to the doc

- building buildenv was a breeze

now the next command I entered to build everything

./buildtool.pl build

resulted in the following  error

source/package: setserial
------------------------
downloading: buildtool.cfg from server cvs-contrib-sourceforge type file
download failed: file
/home/mega/leaf/bering-uclibc/devel/2.4.2/src/bering-uclibc/contrib/buildtool.cfg

does not exist

you might find useful information in log/buildtoollog

buildtool::Common::InstalledFile::searchInstalled4Pkg:starting
buildtool::Common::InstalledFile::searchInstalled4Pkg:entry webipv6 not
in source list
buildtool::Common::InstalledFile::addEntry:pushing webipv6 on list
buildtool::Common::InstalledFile::writeToFile:starting
buildtool::Common::InstalledFile::writeToFile:saving installedfile
buildtool::Download::setDlroot:setting dlroot to :
/data/leaf/bering-uclibc/devel/2.4.2/src/bering-uclibc/buildtool/source/setserial
buildtool::Download::download:file key: buildtool.cfg

cheers

Erich