Eric Spakman wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
>> Not if it's not.  You're the software developer,  you make the
>> distribution etc.lrp.  The whole point of this thing is to get people
>> running with a working console.  Once they're on their feet, i.e. if
>> they edit the /etc/inittab or do a backup after the real inittab is
>> working, things behave just as before.
>>
>> What it saves them from having to do is hand mess with etc.lrp on a
>> second system the very first time they load the flash.
>>
> There is absolutly no need for that. We will release some specific
> configdb packages for certain types of hardware, so it's just a
> matter of copying the right configdb package to the storage media and
> of you go.
>
> Eric

OK, fair enough, if the console speed and everything else is the same.
I'm not sure I understand the reluctance to using this idea, but since
I'm not the one stuck doing maintenance, it's wrong of me to continue to
try to argue with you.  Sorry for being a pain in the ass--I re-read my
last message and the tone is not what I intended.

Best and thanks,

Paul